Tuesday, December 7, 2010

liberty of london bunting



I always love to make party decor. In fact, I've been mulling over ideas for my daughter's 3rd birthday since this summer. It's in February if that gives you any idea.

My Mom's birthday is today and she is coming tomorrow so I made this bunting (I make a lot of bunting) and hung it up which I'm sure will be a nice surprise. My Mom doesn't use the computer (can you believe it?) so there is no chance she will see this. It will be fun to drink our tea and eat our cupcakes under. I hung some fairy lights too.

This is a no-sew bunting and was rather simple to make. The tutorial is here.

It made me want to get back to work on my cathedral windows quilt which uses some of the same fabrics. I have quilts/quilting on the brain a lot lately and I hope to get to work on them soon.

*I own one of Confetti Systems gorgeous garlands but I think that might a bit much for my Mom. Certainly not me and certainly not little ones which make up the majority around here. I think I will hang that for S's birthday.

No comments: