Thursday, October 15, 2009

baby surprise sweater


I've been wanting to do an Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern for a long time. I can't believe this is my first one but, here we are.

Knitting this sweater was unlike any other sweater I have ever made.
The instructions encourage you to carry on even when it doesn't look like a sweater as you are working it.

Recently Schoolhouse print came out with directions for sizing up. So, I used that and made this one toddler sized and its fits perfectly.



I used Classic Elite Alpaca wool that I had on hand and this took about 2 1/2 skeins.
It's a light weight worsted. I think a larger stitch count worsted would work out nicely for a size bigger.

The buttons are vintage shell also from my collection.

5 comments:

Sharon Stanley said...

so precious....and the sweater too!

Elizabeth said...

That looks cozy and sweet :)

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful sweater! And I absolutely LOVE the red shoes!

Amelia Plum said...

miss s looks perfectly adorable in the top picture, i love everything about it, including that monstrous pine cone!

Alicia P. said...

Gorgeousness!