Wednesday, August 13, 2008

pants for baby


I prefer my baby in skirts and dresses but, as she is 6 months and bound to crawl soon, I figure I've got to dress her in leggings and tights and yes, pants once in a while. I found this tutorial when looking for a free trousers pattern for Little M and decided to try them out for baby first since the pattern only when up to the 12 months size. Now that I've made them I think I could use one of his pants to figure out a pattern myself.

So, these are yellow corduroy and lined in a off white flannel. There is a bit of room in the hem so I can take them down a bit if needed. I wanted the elastic waist to lie flat in front and gathered in the back which I pretty much accomplished. This is the back view. I added the pockets because I thought they would be a cute addition. Overall, I liked this pattern which is very basic and from Burda Style. I need to fix that little pucker down there and then they will be good to go.

2 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

tee-hee...the pants are so cute!

Andrea said...

cute- and i'm sure your daughter will look adorable