Monday, August 25, 2008

corduroy jumper


Yes, another jumper. This is Simplicity 6360 again. I had thrifted this corduroy a long time ago. In fact, all of the corduroy clothes I made this month have been from thrifted fabrics that were in amazing clean condition. Sadly, I haven't had any good experiences buying fabric on the cheap lately. Perhaps I am due for a bout of luck.

Anyway, this pattern is very easy to follow and I was quite happy with my interfacing and facing job this time. I think it's the best I've done. Perhaps, it was the ladybug that was crawling around while I was working on it that gave me good luck. I hand sewed the hem although in retrospect I should have pulled out my blind stitch presser foot and used this as I was going for the invisible look which it turns out is an almost invisible invisible hem. I think if I had the exact color thread to match the dress it would have been perfect.

Now, it's just tap my foot until the day my little one fits into it.

Something tells me I will be doing more then tapping my foot.
As I type Ms. S is teething on the dining room table. Yikes!

Oh, and sorry for the lack of blog posts lately. I have been busy making as usual and like I said have lots to say and show but, haven't found the time in my day to blog as much as I want on top of the usual stuff.
I am hoping to be better and by saying so intend to.
Thanks for the comments and sorry that I don't get to reach out to each of you to say so. I appreciate you stopping by.

1 comment:

Amelia Plum said...

love the jumper, a great color corduroy for fall too. you really lucked out with the thrifted corduroy fabric, they really do look like they're in excellent shape. here's hoping your luck changes and some cheap yet fabulous fabric finds its way to you soon.