Monday, July 7, 2008

freezer jam + scones



Did everyone have a nice 4th of July weekend? We were busy bee's but managed to squeeze in some fun. I can't take credit for either of these concoctions. Both freezer jam and scones were made by Mick. The reason being... I have been up to A LOT of sewing and knitting and crafting but, that is for another post.

The scones are from How To Be a Domestic Goddess and they are good and they have not a lick of sugar in them. Don't get me wrong, I do like my sugar.

Some highlights from this weekend:

!) Seeing an aerial ballerina at the circus! Here I thought I was superwoman because I could knit & nurse and shop at IKEA & nurse but oh, no I can not perform tricks swinging around on my ankle or by one arm high up in the air. I am good but, not that good.

2) Watching Little M and his cousins hit a piƱata at his cousin Javier's birthday party.

3) Lots of time in the craft room.

4) A trip to a fabric store called Fabric Land (yes, that's what it was called) and buying up some cute polkas, florals and a bunch of Kona cotton.

5) Going to the farmer's market in town and finding lots of goodness there. The vendors had a lot of variety and it was a lot better then the one where I previously lived.

6) Picking red and white currants in my front yard at twilight. (Okay, the mosquitoes were the unhappy result of that).

6) Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I also received a box of fabric from Mick's sister Jane with little bits of goodness inside.

1 comment:

carrie said...

sounds like you've been busy, nancy! it seems like you had a lovely weekend (and a husband that bakes...lucky girl!)