Monday, March 10, 2008

found in the attic




My Mom found a suitcase in the attic with the rest of the crocheted items my Grandma made for me when I was a little girl and when I was there recently she did a little show and tell. There was so many great things in there. I brought home the doll clothes above and this cape and beret but, the rest I left there until we move. The abundance of handmade crocheted clothes my Grandma made me is astounding. I was completely smitten with the Red Riding Hood hat and cape as well as several crocheted skirts and dresses. She didn't always use the best of materials but, they are special to me nonetheless and I plan to utilize them. They just needs a good spin on delicate cycle.

5 comments:

Amy said...

how wonderful. i have a lot of the items that my grandma made me when i was a baby and little girl. it is so fun to see lucy in them.

Felicia said...

What an awesome discovery :)

melissa said...

What a lucky find! I love those sweet little crocheted items. And made by your grandma; what a treasure!

Anonymous said...

such treasures!

Marcia said...

What treasures! You are very lucky. Don't we all wish someone would value the love we poor in this stuff we make.