Monday, January 7, 2008

a bee in my bonnet



So, I got a bit obsessed shall we say recently with sewing baby bonnets from Angry Chicken's awesome Mailorder pattern for the little one due next month.

I started off with the intention of making just a few and then kept going. After 8 bonnets I decided that was enough spring/summer bonnets for the little girl. But, you never know what crazy thought might make me sew some more. Mick was starting to wonder if I was ever going to stop sewing baby bonnets and asked if I was going all 'Little House' style for our baby girl. Um, honey...you do know Little House on the Prairie was my most favorite show during my childhood and pre-teen years, right?.

They are as cute as can be and I just can hardly wait to meet my little girl and try them on her. I do so love the look of a bonnet.




7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

These are adorable! (And, also, Little House on the Prairie rules.)

Felicia said...

And wouldn't Laura Ingalls LOVE any one of those beautiful bonnets! I could stand to miss an episode :)

Anonymous said...

those are so sweet!

Marcia said...

What great bonnets! Everyone will be commenting on how cute your daughter looks when she wears them.
She'll be here before you know it.

Amelia Plum said...

great bonnets, you have been quite busy with your nesting for babygirl's arrival. hopefully you'll take a much needed rest when she arrives.

Amy said...

those are adorable. i so wish i had that pattern!

Unknown said...

!! those are just too too perfect!