Monday, August 13, 2007

mary jane's and a strawberry



I finished knitting these mary jane's this weekend. They can be knit two ways. The other way would have the eyelet row matching the tie on strap. I've always loved wearing my mary jane's with tights. You know I'm a girly girl, right? I had the yarn on hand for size 0-6 months in the perfect combination of black and white. I'd like to knit them in a bigger size next time with worsted weight. Of course a photo of these on a little baby or even a doll would really benefit the photo as they don't look nearly as cute lying there. I need to see if I can get a doll that can wear tiny baby clothes. The pattern is from here. I got the combination package so I will be trying out the baby chuck taylor's at some point as well.
Last week, I also needle felted this little strawberry and added a little felt and sewn on beads. I attached a pin-back to it so that it can be worn as a brooch. I've been wanting to get back to my needle felting but, with my mind always pulling me in a thousand crafty directions it's hard to decide which way to go sometimes but, I'm thinking of a few more needle and wet felting projects in the near future. My mind is mostly going towards knitting with some sewing and other crafts thrown in sporadically as I think I want to get more knitted goods in the shops and it seems like a good idea to start on that now.

2 comments:

carrie said...

so sweet! i love them!

Anonymous said...

What adorable little baby shoes :)