Monday, May 7, 2007

heidi apron

I feel like running through the Swiss Alps singing "Doe a Deer a Female Deer, Ray a Pocket Full of Sun, Me a Name I call Myself, Fa(r) a long long way to go, Sew, A needle pulling thread....." . Then later milking some cows, churning some butter and then tumbling down the hill with Jack. Sounds like a good day, right?
I think Little M would have fun doing this with his Mama. I suppose I would need to make him a little German boy outfit complete with lederhosen. I would so love to see him in that.

Seriously though I had SO much fun sewing up this apron yesterday...I just went into it recklessly not measuring or anything..crazy I know. I will admit I did cut around a vintage half apron for general sizing but that is it. I used one of my ribbons from the trim spree I had last week on the front. I think the fabric and ribbon look amazing together. The pocket is made from wool felt. Underneath the apron is a red wrap skirt I made a few years back when I was taking a sewing class. Add braids, and I'm Heidi. Oh, and clogs of course.


Amelia Plum said...

very cute fabric for the apron, did you get that from purl?

sew nancy said...

the fabric is from superbuzzy