Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Tuesday and my love for vintage hankies



Yes, hanky is a funny word. To some it may seem odd that I like to collect something that someone may have sneezed or blew into but, I do.
Some have been passed down to my from my Mother's family. Others, I have collected over the years.
I've thought about sewing all the squares into curtains. Maybe someday I will. I have so many cute prints and ones edged with crochet or decorated with embroidery. I've also seen them framed and hung together in a group (MS). Recently. I have been into garland so I decided to hang them over a clothesline in the kitchen. I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your garland idea! I think I need to do this in my bedroom. The hankies that started my collection came from my grandmother. I've bought a bunch over the years but I love that I have some that came from family.