Tuesday, January 23, 2007

little shoes and art


The past 2 days I've been knitting these. I'm loving this lilac and turquoise combination. The pattern is from Debbie Bliss, the yarn is not. I'm trying to only use yarn from my stash.They are knit with size 2 needles. I rarely work with such small yarn. I know there are those hardcore knitters out there who think working with small yarn and needles is true knitting and anything about a size 8 needle is cheating. I'm not one of them. It is so dainty and tiny imperfections tend to show up more. I wish I could have photographed them on a little one because I'm not doing them any justice with this photograph. They will be gifted to one of the three little girls arriving over the next few months.

Also, today I got out to ICP and saw this:
Louise Brooks

Munkacsi

Henri Cartier-Bresson

1 comment:

Amelia Plum said...

the cartier-bresson photo is bizarre, it almost looks like he superimposed the woman on the door. cute color combo with the booties.