Wednesday, January 10, 2007

little/big red riding hood




Some things never change, right? Like take a look at this picture of me dressed up for Halloween



That was taken Halloween 1976. And now, look at me...



This capelet began it's life as a plain red hooded sweatshirt from Target. I followed the tutorial from Emily.
Which brings me to The Up Series




which was recommended to me by the lovely Carolyn. Do you know about this? It is a documentary series about how people are who they are by the age of 7. (The Halloween photo is taken of me at 6 1/2). They interview the children at age 7 and then every 7 years. It is so interesting to watch. You really get wrapped up in their lives. We have 42 up now and will watch it this week.

Oh, and the 1st image is an antique Lithographed Tin Plate from the 1920's-1930's made by the Ohio Art Co. that I got at Little Cricket in Montclair, NJ. It is one of my favorite stores.

2 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

cute capelet. I love the pale blue of what I'm assuming is your bedroom. do you remember what color it is and who makes it?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say my experiences with Little cricket are a nightmare. Be very careful they talk about customers and will go after you if they feel like it