Tuesday, May 28, 2013

stirrup socks




On a recent trip into the city I visited Purl Soho to spend a gift card I received for my birthday. As usual, I was overwhelmed with possibilities!

I couldn't leave without a skein of yarn and spotted the stirrup socks I had seen on the Purl Bee some time ago. This was the project I wanted to knit and one that I could keep in budget with. Simple yet different then what I normally knit and a item I knew I would wear a lot with tall boots. They suggest rain boots but, I think they will also look great with leather peeking out over the top. I wear a lot of skirts and paired with tights these will be perfect and not too bulky as regular knee highs can be once we are back to the cooler seasons.

I chose Anzula Hand Dyed Squishy in colorway Boysenberry. This yarn is so incredibly soft and now that I have tried knitting with it I know I will go back to it. I found working with it very addictive and abandoned all my projects in the late evening hours to make them! It comes in gorgeous colors which made it so difficult to choose.

The pattern is available through Purl Soho and is a collaboration with Loeffler Randall who makes rain boots. I would recommend this pattern wholeheartedly.

I bought a few pieces of Liberty tana lawn that day, one which I have turned into a simple curtain for the back door and I must say it's so much better then the flimsy white fabric that was previously there.

I still have some half yards and neon ribbons and trims to play around with.

No comments: