Wednesday, May 8, 2013

sewing for baby










I mentioned I have a new nephew a few posts ago and this past weekend I got to meet him. There is nothing that one can compare to holding a new baby, is there? It was amazing! I haven't done much sewing for babies in awhile and so it was fun to make some simple projects. I decided some bibs would be useful and used this pattern. I chose a variety of fabric scraps I had on hand - Liberty, Kokka and Denyse Schmidt and backed them with organic cotton fleece. I also wanted to make a toy. My children love their baby oobee's I made them a few years back when I won the pattern from Leslie and so it seemed like a good idea to make one for Owen as well which includes the quilt, blanket, pillow and drawstring bag to carry it in. A appliqué onesie is always useful and I paired it with a organic cotton jersey pants that were a breeze to sew up. I could easily get carried away making things for him.

No comments: