Wednesday, March 27, 2013

nani iro tank dress



Scarlet did a little photo shoot of me in the dress I finished this morning. I set up the tripod for her and so she just had to instruct me and click away. I used the Wiksten tank top pattern that I love and went for the dress version this time. I think it's safe to say that Jenny's pattern suits my need for nice, basic and casual pieces that become wardrobe staples. My only change was to leave off the pocket. The fabric is double gauze Nani Iro and was a bit fiddly but, I carried on.

I've been thinking about my habits with purchasing fabric and yarn over the years and how my tastes have evolved. I seem to have way too much quilting fabric and lots of small pieces and one or two skeins of yarn and lots of odd bits left over. I like to use what I have and try not to buy often since when I look in my craft room there seems to be so much already but often, not what I am looking for. Going forward I am going to be more conscious of buying only what I need for a particular project or at least yardage for clothes and sweaters. I know it's normal to have a lot of 'leftovers' but, sometimes I feel like I am in over my head with all the supplies. How do you best deal with your stash?

No comments: