Monday, March 18, 2013

knitting recap








A bit of knitting catchup to show you. My favorite of them is the Jul Hat (above) a new pattern from Jenny of Wiksten. Her pictures are gorgeous as is this hat so, if you are looking for a nice in between and simple project this is a great one. I knit mine in one skein of Jade Sapphire cashmere in the color Black Walnut that I have been holding onto for a few years. I have been wearing it every day since I finished it and am already thinking of other yarns to try it out in.



Another leafy washcloth in blue cotton for my new niece or nephew due next month. This baby is going to be spoiled in handmade. So far: two sweaters, a few pairs of booties and washcloths.


A hot water bottle cover. The pattern is called Winterberry. This was winding up a bit larger so I abbreviated the pattern and need to find a larger bottle for it. This will be a gift this coming Christmas. I am not 100% happy with it though I did use the weight yarn called for I would go down to a dk and smaller needles to pick up the design better.



And, finally this hat; Oaked, which is not really finished because I need to frog it or possibly start from scratch if I can't get the yarn. Since the pattern is absolutely gorgeous it will be worth it.

No comments: