Monday, March 4, 2013

baby knits and a trip to the met








Some baby things that have been knitted over the past week.

A tiny pullover sweater knit in eco alpaca wool. The pattern for the sweater is called organic guernsey and is by f.pea.


An organic cotton washcloth. Another one has been started in blue. The pattern is called leafy washcloth.

I'll post more pictures on my Ravelry later this afternoon of both knits.





I have been trying to get into the city as much as possible lately. This weekend we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I loved the Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity exhibit. It was too good to be true. I loved seeing the dresses and accessories alongside the paintings. My breath was taken away more then once. The gauzy day dresses as well as the highly detailed formalwear and the beautiful fans made of feathers.... there was not one item not to like. I could have spent hours and I may have to go back. The children however were not so blown away mostly because they were hungry and wanted to see the mummies and armor so after an hour we headed to the cafeteria and went to the exhibits they wanted to see. A little something for everyone.



1 comment:

jenn said...

That exhibit looks amazing! I wish we got into the city more often.