Thursday, October 4, 2012

three little pumpkins






Three little pumpkins sitting on a gate -
The first one said, "Oh my it's getting late."
The second one said, "I'm ready for some fun."
The third one said, "Lets run and run and run!"
AHH-WHOOOOOoooooo went the wind
And OUT went the lights
And the three little pumpkins rolled out of sight



My son used to sing this song when he was in preschool and this small rug hooking reminded me of it.

I thought a kit would be fun and chose this holiday themed one.
I think I get the concept of rug hooking okay.... It's fairly easy to pull the loops through the burlap but, there are some tricks to the trade I could definitely use some instruction on. One would be finishing techniques in regards to the wool strips left on back and better binding. I decided to back it with a piece of wool felt though I think a sturdier piece of felt would have been better. I have another kit with stars I hope to get to amongst all my other projects. In the future I think abstract designs is where my head is it if I continue with this craft. Not sure if I need another hobby.

No comments: