Thursday, October 11, 2012

heart quilt





I finished quilting and binding the heart quilt the other day. I would have had it done sooner but, I am always juggling lots of projects. I ran it through the machine and now it's all nice and crinkly and ready to keep us cozy.

It is made up of cotton squares placed on an angle and is made to resemble hearts. I talked about it a few times if you want more information here and here.

I am hand quilting a double cotton gauze quilt now made of Nani Iro. Here is a peek at that



I am taking upholstery class again (second class tonight) and am working on the chair I started last Spring which is exciting. I am doing it white which a few people have mentioned is crazy but I plan to scotch guard it and I am feeling good about it. A possible new opportunity has come my way but I will wait to see before I spill the beans.

2 comments:

found and sewn said...

Your heart quilt is beautiful! I wish I could make one myself.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful Nancy! I wish I had the patience for quilting. I also wish I had patience to learn to knit, I love all your creations.