Monday, May 7, 2012

family reunion dress

Here is the Oliver + S Family reunion dress. I bought the pattern last year and figured I might as well get to sewing since it is designed up to size 4T which is her size now. I originally planned a floral but I fell in love with this pretty blue linen I found in my stash. The dress was a pleasure to sew though I made a few mistakes along the way I still think it turned out very nicely.

I used a variety of vintage glass buttons down the back placket though she can slip this on without unbuttoning them which is nice for ease and dressing.

I skipped the buttons in front because I didn't like the look of them on this dress but, other then that I didn't make any changes. I liked the feature of sewing six lines at the hem to stiffen it.


Amelia Plum said...

that fabric is wonderful and the color is to die for, plus it looks absolutely lovely on miss s with her coloring. you keep showing us what a lucky girl she is to have you for a mom.

Blaze said...

This is adorable and so lovely! I love the color and how the buttons go up the back! SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

I agree completely.

Reunion Loding