Wednesday, April 11, 2012

fireworks scarf





On Saturday we took a walk around the city and I stopped into Purl Soho. The store is so beautiful and well designed that each time I go I find it just as exciting as the first. I had come of course with a few basics in mind- elastic, thread, a new washable pen...but I couldn't not go gaze at the Liberty of London Tana Lawn. I also did my fare share of pawing yarn. I was really drawn to this bold pattern of Liberty and it reminded me of fireworks. I also liked the Purl Bee Mother's Day Liberty Scarf sample that was sitting in front of the bolts so I chose to make it. The colors in the scarf I made are ones I tend to wear a lot and I thought it would be great for summer days. Maybe even the 4th of July... For the reverse I chose a more subtle pale dove grey and white floral and a bright coral red-orange for the frayed edging. It is not so great worn on the reverse because the other side shows through so if you want it two sided I would choose two bold complimentary fabrics. This was a fun and simple project easy to complete in one evening.

No comments: