Sunday, April 22, 2012

birthday



This past week has been so busy. I put the finishing touches on new items for Mackey Blue which I brought to the store yesterday on my way to the city for dinner to celebrate my birthday which was this past Thursday. Putting together the Spring items took many hours over the past few weeks and there are some new things there this time around like dress up crowns and big bow dresses. I also brought smocks, sun bonnets, clothespin dolls, button bobbies, ribbon bow pins, necklaces and onesies. Am I forgetting anything? Probably. I feel like I got off a roller coaster a little bit. I didn't even really have time to properly photograph what I brought but here is a peek at the fabrics I used for the dresses. They are all finished with french seams. The kitty one is quilting cotton, the brown is a very soft shot cotton and the gingham is cotton lawn. If you are in the Hoboken, NJ area I do hope you will go take a peek.



So, last night we went out for Indian in the city and it was very nice and mellow especially after the busy week. Yesterday morning was spent working with the garden club behind the greenhouses potting up in preparation for the sale in May. It was such a pretty day and a good night for walking. My actual birthday was low key but there was a delicious dark chocolate sea salt caramel cake that I enjoyed before going to my class for the evening made by Mick. My parents (the babysitters last night) gave it rave reviews.

4 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

My God that cake sounds heavenly. Lucky you having Mick for a husband. Happy Birthday! It sounds low key but like a perfectly lovely way to spend your big day. Best wishes for a happy and healthy year! xoxkim

jen said...

Happy Birthday, Nancy dear!

Blaze said...

What a wonderful and busy weekend! That cake looks so good. I hope you had a fabulous birthday!! :)

Jenn said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am sooo jealous of that cake - it looks amazing! So nice that your hubs made it, too!