Sunday, June 5, 2011

city weekend plus quilt





I finished this quilt the other night which means I completed my goal to finish two quilts this Spring.
This quilt was a great experience that taught me a lot and showed me just how much more I need to learn.
With a design such as this one which I made up as I went along but, had lovely help figuring out how to make the blocks you can easily see how important each minute detail from exact cutting to exact sewing works out in the end.
I need to be more precise even when I think I am being diligent there is still room for improvement. That said I think it's really nice and I am proud that I made it.

I quilted along the sewing lines known as 'in the ditch' and used a lightweight batting. This makes a nice blanket and the bright coordinated color scheme of the City Weekend collection makes a fun happy summer quilt.

I talked about the quilt here and here

8 comments:

jenn said...

beautiful!! you are a quilting fiend!! ;)If only I could accomplish half as much as you do!

leslie said...

it turned out beautifully!!! nice work : )

Dacia said...

wow you have been busy!!! the quilt is beautiful!

Amelia Plum said...

i love that quilt nancy. the fabric you used for it is perfect. it's so nice and playful looking, i especially like that you punctuated the pastel colors with pops of red. very cute. i wish i was one of your kids.

Amy said...

I love this and the one you posted earlier. Way to go! I can't seem to make one per year much less two in a season!

the fabled needle (jen) said...

i love that you hand-quilted this (maybe i'll do that for my next quilt!). you're amazing with your 2 finished quilts and it's only june! :)

himiko said...

It came out beautifully! I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come...

Physiotherapy in Cheshire said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.