Thursday, June 16, 2011

storybook tunic



This is a version of the free Oliver & S popover dress.
Yes, I didn't read the directions correctly and realized after that some pages are printed portrait and some landscape. It came out more like a tunic or short dress but still cute after some of my own changes because well it looked wrong and some alterations needed to be done to the pattern specifically with the armholes. I thought it looked short...

I used Far Far Away II: Moon and Stars and Owl and the Pussycat in Berry by Heather Ross. The material is 80% cotton and 20% linen. Some vintage purple ric rac between the two.

I will definitely be sewing this pattern again printed and sewn correctly and in a more drapey fabric
This one though is cute too.

2 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

oh my gosh, that owl and pussycat fabric is wonderful. you find the best patterns nancy. too cute.

Dacia said...

that is adorable! glad you were able to save it.