Thursday, April 21, 2011

a walk through branchbrook park








I used to go to see the cherry blossoms at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden for many years but, the past three years we have been seeing them closer to where we live now at Branch Brook Park in New Jersey which has a nice amount of cherry trees.

This year was the coldest Spring I can remember and I don't think it is the best year for blossoms but, still very pretty. Maybe this will make them stick around longer?

Trees in bloom are really one of the most wonderful things in the whole world and each time it's like the first time.

I was looking back through my photos from last year in April and realized that there was so much more in bloom- bleeding hearts and my lilac tree are two that come to mind. So, that only means there is more to look forward to.

I feel lucky that behind my house is a gorgeous huge magnolia tree and that I have fruit tress in my front yard.

Okay, I'm off to make some tea since i've managed to catch a cold which will mean I will be sitting in bed tonight with my stitching.

No comments: