Monday, November 2, 2009

patchwork pillow


I made this pillow over the weekend. I am still attracted to the color scheme (neutrals with pops of color) of a tote I made once that I love and use all the time so I decided to turn it into a pillow.
In fact, I like the scheme so much that I started piecing together some bigger squares similar to this for a quilt. That would make 4 quilts in progress. I'm going to try very hard not to start anymore until I finish one but, not sure if I can do it. The amount of unfinished projects around here is growing.
As the squares didn't quite fit the pillow size I banded and backed it with some Katie Jump Rope I've been holding onto for a while now. One of the squares didn't match up perfectly as you can see but I still like it.


***Also, I want to mention that I will have a table at the Maplewood Women's Club Bazaar and Craft show this Saturday, November 7th 10-3. Would love to see any of you locals.

No comments: