Thursday, January 24, 2013

cable headband









I have been knitting almost non-stop as soon as I get the moment I sit down and pick up the needles. When it is 10 degrees outside who can blame me? To be fair there has been some sewing even a few finished projects which I hope to show soon.

I have been knitting baby and kid things like tiny pants, sweaters and slippers but, as soon as I got this Good Night, Day knitting pattern book in the mail I put aside the kid projects to make something for myself. Honestly, I wasn't sure if this style would look good on me but, as it turns out I love it.

I had some Debbie Bliss Como yarn which is incredibly soft and perfect for this project so that made starting right away so simple. It was a nice quick knit and I would love to make another one.

There are some great patterns in this book. I would really like to try like the pembroke tank and markham collar. The photography is gorgeous as well and I am happy to finally be getting around to hand knitting one of Tara-Lynn Morrison's designs.

No comments: