Friday, September 25, 2009

plaid built by me dress


Here is Built By Wendy 3835.
I left off the ties at the sleeves. They were not for me. Of course I had to go through the trouble of doing one even though in the back of my mind I knew I wasn't going to like them. Instead I made seam binding from them. Much better.
I also didn't want it too mini so the hem at the bottom is narrow. There are two shaping darts in back and a 20" lapped zipper on the back. The fit is pretty good.

I am very happy with my fabric choice. It's from Cia's Palette bought a while back with a Fall dress in mind.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Gorgeous!!! I think I might just have to try this myself! Any tips for working with plaid?

Amelia Plum said...

cute dress! that's perfect fabric for it as well.

kristi said...

oh my gosh too cute!

beki said...

Very cute! I wore my version of this top on Friday, which prompted me to pull out the pattern to make more. It's such a great pattern.

High Stakes Online Poker said...

It is removed (has mixed section)