Tuesday, October 2, 2007

mix and match napkins

Thanks for all the baby love. I really appreciate all the comments I received. Tomorrow is the big day- the 20 week ultrasound.

The past few days I've been on a bit of a sewing frenzy. Simple sewing is where I'm at right now and Amy's book where I've been hiding out.

So, without further ado I present you the first of the projects...Mixy- Matchy Napkins.




These were simple to sew up and I wanted bright floral prints. I didn't realize how much I was lacking in good small print florals otherwise I would have made more than four. I especially liked that Amy said to not 'burn yourself' in the instructions as I've been having that issue since becoming pregnant with #2. I think I've managed to burn myself 3 times in the past few months...twice on the stove and once with the iron.
Today, I used the orange one and sat down alone to lunch savoring a grilled cheese and apple sandwich on whole wheat, some organic grapes and raspberry tea with a ginger cookie for dessert. This was a special treat and one I should indulge in more often as I tend to find myself picking or eating too fast while I give Little M lunch.
These napkins were made with that intention to sit and relax over a meal or a snack and some tea. I also plan to make the dinner napkins with ric rac that were in the latest MSL.

No comments: