Monday, April 28, 2014

pleated playsuit

Here is a summer romper that I made for Ms. S a few weeks back but, after trying it on I realized I needed to make a few adjustments to the pattern. It came out a bit small in the waist so I removed the elastic. The leg cuffs were too small so I had to remove them and resize the binding strip. I also left off the pockets for this pattern.

Here is a photo of her so nicely trying it on before I made the adjustments. You can see the leg cuffs were going to be way too tight

If I decide to make this again I would cut out one size larger as I feel the cut is too narrow I hope we can get through the summer with this one.

The pattern can be found here. I really like the long pant version as well. The fabric I used is from Liberty of London's lifestyle collection which is more of a quilting weight cotton rather then the Tana Lawn I typically use and I found it nice for this project since it has a bit more weight. I like the shoulder ties and center pleat on the bodice as design elements.

No comments: