Thursday, January 23, 2014

pretty fabric envelopes


This week I tried a craft project from this months Martha Stewart Magazine. My Mom has always purchased this magazine for me as a gift each year and I have been getting it since the 1990's. Quite a long time!

When I saw this month's fabric envelopes made with Liberty of London I knew I'd try them. I'm a sucker for Liberty of London as you may know and I like to try new things with my scraps. I made 7 of the envelopes and although they are a bit time consuming there is nothing too difficult about them.

I've had little time this week to work on anything so far and this was a nice project I could see through. I love the result!

The materials besides fabric are découpage finish in matte, a brush and wax paper. Also, clothespins or skirt hangers are necessary to hang fabric when it's drying.

No comments: