Monday, January 20, 2014

mimi sweater/top

I finished knitting this sleeveless sweater/top for S yesterday. Mostly I wanted to knit something with this gorgeous yarn and knowing I wasn't going to have enough to make the pattern to proportion (length) and design (pockets) didn't stop me. Partially this was because she most often is in skirts and a long tunic like the original to me looks better with pants. Ideally it would have been an inch or two longer but, for now it fits and that is what saved me from unraveling it. I first tried it in a mohair/wool neon pink that she picked out at the wool festival but after knitting all the front and back ribbing I realized there was a twist in the round. And, actually for once I was happy because I didn't like it at all, the wool was all wrong for the project. The yarn I used here is Cephalopod yarns and is just a gorgeous shade of blue.
I am pretty happy with the final result.

No comments: