Monday, June 17, 2013
chambray and liberty skirts
I made two skirts last week for myself. I wanted something light and comfortable to go with tanks and tees for the summer. I make a lot of skirts with elastic waists for my daughter (a few different kinds) but a full elastic around the middle for me doesn't work so I cut the elastic in half and left the hips free and flat for about 4 inches on the sides (2" on each side of the seam) so there would be no pouf there. I made one in chambray that has a herringbone in it and it came out really nice. I really like the material a lot. It is Robert Kaufman's Chambray Union. I included pockets at the side as well. The second one I made was out of Liberty in a matching print to the one I previously showed a few posts ago that I made for Scarlet. She is so excited that we have matching skirts! I included pockets on this one as well and made it a little narrower then the chambray one.
Obviously, I was on a roll so I made her another one in Liberty but, no, I'm not planning on a matching one for me. That would be too much...ha ha!