Monday, August 6, 2012


Bulle by Karen Borrel.

This pattern caught my eye which then caused me to drop all other projects. I was almost done with my first one and then stopped when I discovered I wasn't going to have enough yarn. See what happens when you use stash yarn with no yardage information. I began again this time making sure I would have enough and chose Madelinetosh DK. I plan to go back and continue with the other one though it will have a different look and feel to it and I will show you soon. The pattern has interesting little details like the gathers at the empire waist, pockets and the garter stitch mixed with stockinette. I know many little girls who like to wear leggings and this sweater really looks great with them. The color is called Composition Book Grey and it looks like a inky purple/grey.

The instruction tells you to use a contrast yarn for the pockets and I chose a really soft merino wool.I believe this is my first time with pockets and they were really easy for me - just picking up held stitches and knitting then ending with a three needle bind off.

Two vintage glass buttons, one in back and one at the side at the bottom band complete it.


Elizabeth said...

So sweet, and the color looks pretty with her eyes :)

Anonymous said...

What a super cute sweater, love the pockets and the color.xL

Amelia Plum said...

that sweater is great nancy, very cute with the contrasting pockets. i can't get over how lovely scarlett's hair is. i agree with elizabeth that the color brings out her pretty blue eyes.

Blaze said...

I love that inky purple! You do such gorgeous work, and its so cute on your little model! :)