Monday, August 6, 2012

bulle






Bulle by Karen Borrel.

This pattern caught my eye which then caused me to drop all other projects. I was almost done with my first one and then stopped when I discovered I wasn't going to have enough yarn. See what happens when you use stash yarn with no yardage information. I began again this time making sure I would have enough and chose Madelinetosh DK. I plan to go back and continue with the other one though it will have a different look and feel to it and I will show you soon. The pattern has interesting little details like the gathers at the empire waist, pockets and the garter stitch mixed with stockinette. I know many little girls who like to wear leggings and this sweater really looks great with them. The color is called Composition Book Grey and it looks like a inky purple/grey.



The instruction tells you to use a contrast yarn for the pockets and I chose a really soft merino wool.I believe this is my first time with pockets and they were really easy for me - just picking up held stitches and knitting then ending with a three needle bind off.

Two vintage glass buttons, one in back and one at the side at the bottom band complete it.



4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So sweet, and the color looks pretty with her eyes :)

Anonymous said...

What a super cute sweater, love the pockets and the color.xL

Amelia Plum said...

that sweater is great nancy, very cute with the contrasting pockets. i can't get over how lovely scarlett's hair is. i agree with elizabeth that the color brings out her pretty blue eyes.

Blaze said...

I love that inky purple! You do such gorgeous work, and its so cute on your little model! :)