Wednesday, August 8, 2012

bulle (another version)





As I mentioned here is the first one. I realized I wasn't going to have enough yarn to finish it and this is what I came out with. It's more of a swing top and it just fits though I wish I could have made it just an inch longer. This one will be a good match with skirts and long sleeves underneath. I stopped before the pockets, decreases and border that on the original closes with a button at the side and just knit a small garter band. The sleeves became cap sleeves as I only had enough to pick up and knit two rows before binding off. The yarn for this one came from the Sheep and Wool Festival and I bought one skein. There was no tag for it which is why I guessed at the yardage. I do know that it is a plant dyed merino wool. It's a bit heavier then the other one I made. As you can see by her willingness to pose Ms. S is a very easygoing girl and she really appreciates these clothes as she wants to wear them right away though I do have to convince her the sweaters are better kept until the cool weather appears. I have been making a sweater for the boy but I think it's going to be too big. As it's my second start and I did down size I think I am just going to go with it though I have to say I'm not feeling it and am likely to start something new tonight.

No comments: