Thursday, December 15, 2011

cathedral window quilt






I finally finished my cathedral window quilt minus a bazillion threads that still need to be cut.

This quilt was a lot of work and really nice to work on. It is made with Kona Cotton in bone as the base and the patterns are all Liberty of London Tana Lawn fabrics.

I started it in 2009 talked about it again here in 2010

This is the tutorial I used for those of you who may want to try it out though you might want to stop at a pillow.

The size is 48" x 65" making it about the size of a throw quilt.

I believe there are 304 windows.

Merry Christmas to me.

5 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

lovely. very impressive work. is it going in your bedroom?

LeeAnn said...

Absolutely stunning! Great job!

Dacia said...

holy wow! you are amazing! that is the bisggest cathedral windows project ive seen! go you!

Technology Innovation said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I’m in the process of making full size quilt in Catheral window for my sister. Biggest project I’ve ever taken on but it will be so worth it when I present it to her in a couple of years