Thursday, July 22, 2010


Ever since I was a pre-teen I have enjoyed thrifting, vintage clothing shops and antiques though I rarely get the opportunity to go and do these types of activities anymore I have hope for the future.
I would also like to go to an auction someday. Have you been to one?
That said, i recently went to a wonderful church sale in our town that happens every year. There are three that I know of but, this one is my favorite. I went twice and still only saw maybe 5% of what was there. It's enormous and amazing.

I spent under $35 and came away with a straw suitcase, 2 sweaters, 2 lidded candy jars that could be either for candy or small terrariums (the most excellent glass piece was snapped up by some guy who when I suggested a terrarium was happy to tell me that was exactly his plan), 2 small vintage handbags, gold double picture frame, a cream and sugar set, blue china plate and a record for my little guy.

Pretty great for 5 minutes from my house.
If you want to daydream about Paris Flea markets there is always this: Keys to the Fleas


Becky said...

Auctions scare me! I'm even frightened of the eBay ones. I'm too scared I'd get my hopes up and be outbidded at the last minute. :(

What I really want to do is go to an estate sale! My grandparents love them and they always find such amazing things there.

These are all beautiful - I LOVE the suitcase (love!) and the china.

Denise said...

Excellent score!

Amy said...

I love the glass jars. I have been hunting thrift stores here for some, but have had no luck.

Squiggly Rainbow said...

Hello, I love your blog! Thanks for sharing your finds! I thought you might like another Thrifting blog I read, Apron Thrift Girl, don't have the link right now, but she is on facebook too!

Thanks so much


savvy stitch said...

cool finds!