Thursday, July 22, 2010

thrifted






Ever since I was a pre-teen I have enjoyed thrifting, vintage clothing shops and antiques though I rarely get the opportunity to go and do these types of activities anymore I have hope for the future.
I would also like to go to an auction someday. Have you been to one?
That said, i recently went to a wonderful church sale in our town that happens every year. There are three that I know of but, this one is my favorite. I went twice and still only saw maybe 5% of what was there. It's enormous and amazing.

I spent under $35 and came away with a straw suitcase, 2 sweaters, 2 lidded candy jars that could be either for candy or small terrariums (the most excellent glass piece was snapped up by some guy who when I suggested a terrarium was happy to tell me that was exactly his plan), 2 small vintage handbags, gold double picture frame, a cream and sugar set, blue china plate and a record for my little guy.

Pretty great for 5 minutes from my house.
If you want to daydream about Paris Flea markets there is always this: Keys to the Fleas

5 comments:

Becky said...

Auctions scare me! I'm even frightened of the eBay ones. I'm too scared I'd get my hopes up and be outbidded at the last minute. :(

What I really want to do is go to an estate sale! My grandparents love them and they always find such amazing things there.

These are all beautiful - I LOVE the suitcase (love!) and the china.

Denise said...

Excellent score!

Amy said...

I love the glass jars. I have been hunting thrift stores here for some, but have had no luck.

Squiggly Rainbow said...

Hello, I love your blog! Thanks for sharing your finds! I thought you might like another Thrifting blog I read, Apron Thrift Girl, don't have the link right now, but she is on facebook too!

Thanks so much

Rachael

savvy stitch said...

cool finds!