Thursday, July 29, 2010
These started out as sort of boring ribbon covered headbands from the store. I didn't like the ribbons or the colors so I fancied them up a bit.
The pink one is covered in velvet ric-rac and the other is fabric that I cut into several strips and sewed into thin ribbons. I wrapped them around and tacked them in a few places with glue and then added some trims for a little something to one.
I've had this project on the mind for a while now. S likes to pull her tails out and her hair is a bit wild at times and I'm always playing with it. Sometimes she lets me and sometimes I get 'no play hair' and then when I take the camera out it's time for her to run around and giggle because she knows I want her to be still just for a second.
And.... she loves them. So, I'd say it was totally worth getting gorilla glue on my fingertips for a night.