Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my birthday




So, our date was really nice. We dined at Taboon and the play was wonderful.

The kids gave me some chocolate, garden mushrooms and Matty made some interesting;) art pieces made with licked and folded construction paper in pink and yellow shades. I also got a serger which I am thrilled about but, also a bit nervous. I always get intimidated with machines. And, do you remember the victorian collage exhibit I went to well, I got the book Playing with Pictures The Art of Victorian Photocollage.




My Mom wrapped up my girl scout sash and a handmade vintage dolls dress that she found in her attic. Too funny. A candle, some flowers, a check, baked me a lemon cake etc. The party isn't over yet. There will be more celebrating this Sunday. If you look closely at the sash you will notice the embroidery and sewing patches and that one is missing. I sort of remember taking that one off to sew onto a pair of jeans when I was 23 or so...

4 comments:

Denise said...

Many happy returns of the day!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Happy Birthday to you!!

melissa said...

man that sounds like an amazing birthday!! did you turn 30? (i only ask because i turn 30 this year and thought we might be the same age.)

happy birthday- love the girl scout sash!

sew nancy said...

Thanks!
Melissa- In my mind I turned 30 but, in reality I really turned 40! Le sigh