Friday, February 12, 2010
puppet show dress
Sometime early in January I had taken some of my fabrics down to pre-wash. Scarlet saw this fabric, took it from me and hugged it. So, planning on making her a puppet show tunic or dress I decided I would use this fabric since it was love at first sight.
I decided to go with the dress length and it turned out really nice. It will be wonderful this spring and summer.
I used 'candy buttons' all down the back and little pink ones at the sleeves. The candy buttons I've been hoarding for a while and are from Superbuzzy.
I also made another pair of the puppet shorts in red and plan to make a few more as well a tunic to match them. The first pair of shorts I made last year to be worn this summer.
I've said before how much I like Liesl's patterns and I continue to stand by them. They are creative and fun to make. Recently, she posted a discussion on using prints like these (juvenile prints) and when they work. She included one of my dresses in this discussion which was nice to see.
-Another little girl pattern catching my eye is here. I think a top in a nice summer print for View B would look really sweet. Perhaps a gingham.
Have a nice weekend.