Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the doll hospital








On Saturday we took a drive to Chester, NJ. While there, I stumbled upon a doll hospital where I met Mary.
Mary has been repairing dolls for 40 years. I asked how she got started and learned to do it. She said it just came to her.
Formerly, she taught and worked in floral design. She is such a sweet lady. A little hard of hearing but, so cute.

She also sells dolls and doll clothes. While there I noticed a few of my own dolls from growing up as well as a plaid doll cape with matching umbrella that my Mom gave me recently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the doll hospital! It's nice knowing there's a special place that will take care of our dear ones! ;)

Denise said...

Just coming across a doll hospital on my travels would be a dream come true.