Thursday, February 14, 2008

happy valentine's day








Thank you all for the well wishes and comments regarding Scarlet. She is a such a joy and we are savoring every moment of these early newborn days with her. I can get so lost just holding her and breathing in her scent. I am lucky enough that Mick has some time off of work to help out esp. with Little M. Although last night he ran off to a meeting and in 50 minutes I managed to help Little M finish dinner, clean up, do the dishes, change and nurse Scarlet, read stories with both of them on my lap and put Little M in bed. Impressive...well to me it was.

For Valentine's Day I made...

Little M some multi-colored crayons from broken up pieces then melted in a baking tray in the oven. Directions here. I wish I had a small heart shape baking pan for these but the circles do nicely as well.




For Scarlet - I started a handknit dress in Manos Del Uruguay Cotton.




Mick and I indulged in some Whitney Smith pottery which you can see up on top. Images from her Etsy shop.

Hope you all have a very sweet Valentine's Day.

xoxo

4 comments:

Amy said...

the pottery is divine! and thanks for the crayon tutorial!

Amelia Plum said...

I love the pottery, thanks for including a link to her etsy site as well. That's wonderful that Mick has some time off to spend with Scarlet and help you. I love that you can just hold newborns for hours, that first year of holding them so much is so wonderful, enjoy it.

Marcia said...

It is a big deal getting use to juggling two babies. What wonderful memories I have of those days. Be good to yourself and rest when scarlet is sleeping too.
I love Minnow Knits. What a cute dress! I'm so happy for all of you

Felicia said...

Happy Valentines Day :)