Saturday, October 25, 2014

olive juice skirts


Olive Juice Kids whose designs I have loved over the years is now selling some fabric from their clothing line. I took the opportunity to purchase some corduroy fabric in British Tan and Bittersweet as well as Brown Plaid in 100% lightweight cotton and pink tweed. I have had the pink tweed before in the shape of a dress three years ago and knew the weight and feel of it. It's a nice heavy winter fabric. The other three are lighter but perfect for Autumn/Winter wear as well. There are lots of skirt and tights days here. I used the whole half yard, made an elastic waist and finished with a nice wide hem. The one seam in the back is serged. They are quick and easy to make and best of all I know they will get lots of wear. I finished them with a label with my name which I know will bring a smile.

No comments: