Thursday, October 2, 2014

geranium dress #3



I discovered a new to me fabric shop nearby called Rock, Paper, Scissors last week and bought these two pieces of cotton with the geranium dress in mind as she is almost outgrowing the others. I fell in love with the Autumn colors and they pair so nicely together. I made a size 7 which is a bit big on her now but, I am hoping to layer it in future months and get extended wear for next year. This is the third geranium dress I've sewn so it's obvious I like this pattern. What makes it special are the custom options within the pattern. I used the faux cap sleeve this time rather then the flutter sleeve as I had done previously. You can also change the neckline, hem (make it a top), pockets or not and for the skirt, pleats or gathers. I love the look of these handmade vintage buttons with the dress.

No comments: