Wednesday, June 18, 2014

nautical stripes blanket



So, if you are my Mom stop reading.

There is a 99% chance unless my Dad shows her this I am safe.

I saw this project on the Purl Bee and thought it would be a good way to use up some stash and leftover yarn for a birthday or holiday gift for my Mom. Though I love the yarn choices they used for this project mine are a different mix of materials and my weights range a bit. My Mother has a thing for red, white and blue and with the name Betsy, I used to jokingly call her 'Betsy Ross' sometimes. The use of some greys thrown in sets off the theme a bit and the red and soft red play off each other nicely on the ends. This size is perfect for a lap blanket and its knit in garter stitch so is fairly easy with increases and decreases on the ends so the stripes land on the bias. The color blocking can be imagined in so many good ways.


No comments: