Tuesday, February 11, 2014

happy homemade: tiered blouse




I had a window in which to sew last week and a relatively new book to try something from. Happy Homemade has really sweet Japanese patterns that have been translated to English for boys and girls. The instructions are very basic but, there are diagrams to aid as well. I traced and cut a size 6 and added a 3/8" seam allowance.


I wish I had made the bottom tier a bit longer because the top came out a bit short for my daughter. The only other thing would be to maybe shorten the width a bit because although the design is cute it might be a little too big. I have to say the blue linen is really gorgeous and I am thinking I should order a bit more to alter this and turn it into the tiered dress pattern which would be simple enough. I tried some modeling shots but, she wasn't so in the mood - too cold!

No comments: