Friday, February 21, 2014

far far away # 4



This would be the fourth time I have made this sundress pattern with the Far Far Away Heather Ross double gauze fabric. What can I say? This fabric lends itself to the pattern so well. I know I can make it in about an hour and that it will be well loved. I've been holding onto the blue unicorn for a bit. The only reason it had not made it into the top of the pile sooner was knowing that I did not have enough to make it into a dress but, a top, yes! Why had not this occurred to me sooner? It's got enough length that it looks more like a tunic so it should work for a few summers.

This line of fabric is very sought after and it is really hard to find anything other then a fat quarter so sewing into it meant this may be the last time I make clothing with it. It was a bit bittersweet but, using fabric rather then letting it sit is what it's meant for and there is no point in letting it not see the sun.

I adore Heather Ross's designs and I'm working on a little playsuit romper for the shop (you may have seen a sneak peek on my instagram?) with fabric from her Briar Rose collection.


Ms. S turned 6 recently and got a mini makeover this week. A haircut which resulted in about 6 inches off! This had something to do with an incident at school that happened about a month ago in which someone played hairdresser on her. It's still not completely evened out but, the piece is not as noticeable. She has been asking to get her ears pierced and since she is a pretty responsible 6 year old and I knew she would take care of them I agreed. She said it did not hurt a bit and then we went and bought a doggie shirt at H&M.

If you want search for far far away up above to see the other sundresses. Seeing her in the purple unicorn dress melts my heart!

No comments: