Monday, November 18, 2013

a blank canvas


I just finished knitting Ysolda Teague's blank canvas pattern on Saturday. I chose the same shade but in a different wool. Aren't those photos of her so pretty? I wish I had the time to take proper photos but, since it seems I am usually the only one able to do it this is what I get.

It took me a month to knit this with a few other knitting projects thrown in ( a hat and some mitts) to break it up. And though this pattern is quite basic there are nice details in the waist shaping and sleeves. I haven't blocked it out yet so I know it's going to get even better but, I just could not wait to wear it today! The yarn choice is a first for me- it's Elizabeth Lavold Silky Wool in 109 Med. Gray (a blend of wool, silk and nylon). I found it at a cute yarn shop I happened upon at the end of August on a summer drive through the country.


I know myself well enough now to buy one extra skein which I only needed for the collar band and finishing details but, I have made this mistake before and it is not fun having to wait and/or not getting the right dye lot again. This sweater is making me very happy as it's soft enough to wear against the skin with a nice drape. The 3/4 sleeves are perfect for me too.


There are still some things growing out in the garden. I'm going to let the carrots grow through the winter and see what happens. Though I think I should harvest the rest of the lettuces and chard.




No comments: