Saturday, September 7, 2013

summer fun


Dyeing wool with myroblean

Some of the crafts I have been doing this summer include tie dyeing, friendship bracelets, jewelry making, embroidery, lots of knitting (sweaters for me) and I am now starting to dye yarn with natural dyes. Perhaps I will get around to showing some of these. Then there is the garden- I can never tend it as much as I want but still it always gives and lately with lots of tomatoes, cosmos, nasturtium, cucumber, chard, kale, arugula, apples, herbs, beans and the last of the blackberries.


excited about making some jewelry with these pretty beads

Other then a french press sleeve there has not been much sewing the past few weeks. I hope to get the machine in good shape soon and I am also working on a major overhaul of the craft room which is in dire need of some organization. I need a more efficient space where everything really is in it's place and a lot of editing needs to happen in there.





August which usually is not my favorite month wound up being pretty good with family adventures and not too hot days. School starts Monday and we are all ready and excited.

No comments: