Monday, September 23, 2013

audrey in unst


Audrey in Unst by Gudrun Johnston in Madelinetosh sport, color Fathom Blue. This cardigan was started in mid-August and finished at the end of last week. I didn't make any alterations to the pattern other then lengthening it a bit. I like this design a lot. It has a nice mix of elements- the ribbing and lace which make it interesting. Simple yet not boring to knit. I love the twisted ribbing at the cuffs and hem though I can't say all that ribbing was fun to knit, definitely a bit tedious. The set in sleeves was a nice feature here. I love the shade of blue and the little bits of tonal variegation in Madelinetosh's yarn always are nice. Here showing bits of black in the deep blue. I was looking to stay within the color scheme of the yarn with the buttons and these ones really popped out at me. My only regret is that I didn't size down. I did do a swatch and I was between sizes. It's not too big of a deal but, I would have liked it to me more fitted.


1 comment:

Amelia Plum said...

I love the variations in the color of the yarn. That's really a lovely sweater Nancy. Great job!